Monday 12 August 2013

Stash confession

Oh dear! I kinda had a vague idea that I had a stash, but now I have the concrete evidence. I had some extra time on the weekend so I pulled out all the fabric I could reach (and yes, there was some I couldn't get to in the time I had available). I then took samples from each piece and stuck them in a notebook with the following information: description (composition, weight, name of fabric type, width), shop and date of purchase, and meterage. I also included ideas about what I have planned with the fabric. I really enjoyed the process - I like ordering things. When I finished I sat back and flicked through the book, and flicked, and flicked. Oh dear! 38 pieces of fabric ranging from 0.5m to 4m. Total meterage is 58.7m. Phew! That was a bit cathartic.

So now, what am I going to do about it? I'm going to have to make a stash busting commitment. I'm a bit late (like over half a year!) to join a stashbusting sew along but I can still make the commitment here. Here goes...

I, Emma, commit to only using my fabric/notions stash for the remainder of 2013, except for lining or other notions to complete a project, and these I will only buy one project at a time.

Wheeeeeee! That feels great!

First up, a black cotton knit. Slated for a wrap dress. I could do with another one of those. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment