Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sassy blouse is done!

Yippee! I've finished my Sassy Librarian Blouse! And boy, am I happy with the result. So happy that I'm already contemplating the next one. So here it is! I chose peter-pan collar, sleeves and no tucks. I wish I had paid more attention to when I started. No idea how long it took. I really enjoyed making this shirt along with Christine Heynes. She was so easy to listen to and watch. A great sense of humour and a nice attitude - "this is how I do it but you may have another way - both are ok".

This was the first time that I had worked through a pattern step by step with someone since I was twelve and I made a 4-gore skirt in tech studies. I learned heaps but more importantly gained in confidence. I have had lots of my techniques confirmed. My muddling through over the past (hrumph!) years has given me some tried and true techniques that are the same (or very nearly) as generally acceptable methods. Noice!

No comments:

Post a Comment