Tuesday 27 November 2012

Sew Retro - the beginning

I've been watching the Craftsy online courses for a while. There are a few that have got my attention but I've become particularly interested in Sew Retro The Perfect Bombshell Dress. I don't have a standard shaped body (does anyone?) and have shied away from trying a fitted dress because I've never had the confidence to modify a pattern to fit properly. That's about to change! I am going to take my time. NO RUSHING. There are plenty of places that I would like to wear this frock but I'm going to focus on the process - live in the moment!! Something I need to do more of. 

So I've joined up, read the introductory course notes and got thoroughly excited! I had some time to myself (read: MADE some time for myself) so I wandered down to my LFS and found a fabulous pink-on-pink rose 100% cotton fabric. Mid-weight about the same as calico. Lolly pink lining to match and, in a flash of brilliance, some aqua seam binding and Petersham ribbon. The contrasting aqua/pink is much better in real life than in than the photo.
Fabric, lining and contrasting seam binding and Petersham ribbon
Next was the pattern. It's a jigsaw for grown ups! Note to newbies: READ THE COURSE COMMENTS. A few well-answered questions around printing out the pattern saved me heaps of time and heart-ache.
The rows are done. Now to join it all together


No comments:

Post a Comment